Microsoft has now released the Configuration Manager Toolkit for System center 2012 R2, one I have been looking forward to.
The Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Toolkit contains fifteen downloadable tools to help you manage and troubleshoot Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
From the download link:
The following list provides specific information about each tool in the toolkit.
Note: Items with an * are new in the R2 Toolkit and require Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager for full functionality.
Server Based Tools
- * DP Job Manager – A tool that helps troubleshoot and manage ongoing content distribution jobs to Configuration Manager distribution points.
- * Collection Evaluation Viewer – A tool that assists in troubleshooting collection evaluation related issues by viewing collection evaluation details.
- * Content Library Explorer – A tool that assists in troubleshooting issues with and viewing the contents of the content library.
- Security Configuration Wizard Template for Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager – The Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) is an attack-surface reduction tool for the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system. Security Configuration Wizard determines the minimum functionality required for a server’s role or roles, and disables functionality that is not required.
- Content Library Transfer – A tool that transfers content from one disk drive to another.
- Content Ownership Tool – A tool that changes ownership of orphaned packages (packages without an owner site server).
- Role-based Administration Modeling and Auditing Tool – This tool helps administrators to model and audit RBA configurations.
- Run Metering Summarization Tool – The purpose of this tool is to run the metering summarization task to analyze raw metering data
Client Based Tools
- Client Spy – A tool that helps you troubleshoot issues related to software distribution, inventory, and software metering on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager clients.
- Configuration Manager Trace Log Viewer – A tool used to view log files created by Configuration Manager components and agents.
- Deployment Monitoring Tool – The Deployment Monitoring Tool is a graphical user interface designed help troubleshoot Applications, Updates, and Baseline deployments on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager clients.
- Policy Spy – A policy viewer that helps you review and troubleshoot the policy system on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager clients.
- Power Viewer Tool – A tool to view the status of power management feature on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager clients.
- Send Schedule Tool – A tool used to trigger a schedule on a client or trigger the evaluation of a specified DCM Baseline. You can trigger a schedule either locally or remotely.
- Wakeup Spy – A tool that provides a view of the power state of Configuration Manager client computers and which operate as managers or manages.
Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012
- These releases are compatible with System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and later. System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 System Requirements